6/11/2013

Blank

My emotions are useless. Well, no they serve a role, though one that is completely dispensable from my perspective.The emotions that I feel seem to be largely limited to anxiety and regret. Such should not be for a mid-twenties guy like me of course, right? Well, all I can say is that they are my natural responses to stimuli, such are emotions, would that be a fair statement? It's not like I choose to feel certain things because it makes sense. Emotions are not, after all, necessarily rational (interestingly, when typing "are emotions" in Google, the second suggested search string is "are emotions irrational").

Anyway, I'm not complaining about my life. That's silly. My life is great and my perspective has been shaped to recognize that quintessential truth of any (greater or equal to) middle-class person. And that perspective really helps me calm down whenever I find myself going through an episode of one or more of those not-so-pleasant emotions.

But the fact of the matter is, and I say this earnestly, I just generally don't feel good emotions as much as I probably should. And I know that running water and Internet already makes my life so much better than too large of a proportion of our Earth's population. Yet, having that perspective still doesn't serve to evoke any emotional response. And I don't know what to do. Am I just exaggerating my situation? I don't even know. I don't know anything right now. I don't want to know anything right now. I just want to go back into my quiet dark place, assume the fetal position, and just rock back and forth until everything just fades away when I can return to my tabula rasa.

No comments: